We have exclusively partnered with a global British brand who are seeking a Senior Handbag Designer. You will be motivated by creative thinking and big ideas to drive the development of the accessory collection.
Working closely with the Head of Accessories and Buying, you will be designing across womenswear bags and small leather goods, overseeing two Junior Designers across ladies and menswear, covering the brands wholesale and retail business in domestic and international markets.
You will have a creative yet commercial eye with strong knowledge of handbag design within a brand or supplier background.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage styles from concept to production stage.
- Work closely with the team to create successful, fashion forward, and innovative collections within given deadlines, whilst being aware of current trends and the brands DNA.
- Work with MW/WW departments in order to share ideas so there is a clear and cohesive message executed in line with main seasonal trends and colour palettes.
- Liaising frequently with the wider design and buying team to create and develop the direction of collections each season.
- Building strong relationships with the team and suppliers to achieve the best results.
- Overseeing and working closely with the team in developing each style and all trims ensuring the salesman samples are all developed correctly and arrive in time to meet our deadline.
- Cover wholesale and retail business in domestic and international markets.
- A track record working within a brand, supplier, or retailer.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently but also as part of a team.
- Highly motivated with excellent managerial skills and an ability to coach and mentor junior team members.
- Computer literate with proficient knowledge on Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel etc.
- Proven experience in design, product development and range building with strong knowledge of ladies handbag design.
- Creative yet commercial eye and have good attention to detail with a desire to constantly improve and move the collection on.