over 3 years ago
At the beginning of October, it was Mental Health awareness week and what better time to show your support for better mental health. But why should we dedicate one week when recognising Mental Health? It is always important, should always be acknowledged and constantly recognised. Below are a few tips TRP Recruitment has thought of to inspire, action and promote the message of good mental health for all in and out of the workplace.
1. Talk about your feelings
- Having someone you can confide in can help you stay feeling positive, happier and manage your emotions during difficult times.
- Talking about your feelings is never seen as a weakness but rather is a healthy, natural way of taking charge of your well-being.
- Surround yourself with friends, family, colleagues or teachers who know you and you feel comfortable talking to, remember people do care.
- Strong friendships and family ties can help us deal with any of the stresses of life. They can make us feel cared for and provide different views from whatever’s going on inside our own heads.
2. Encourage healthy choices
- Some colleagues might benefit from spending a few minutes each day doing mindfulness exercises, meditating before work or having time away from their digital devices a couple of times each day.
- By encouraging employees to take time out to become aware of themselves and their surroundings, it’s more likely that they’ll be able to keep any negativity in check. This, in turn, could reduce stress, lower their blood pressure, improve their relationships with their co-workers, and even make them more productive.
- At TRP Recruitment we try to maintain healthy diets which is good for our physical and mental health particularly as we do so much sitting at our desks all day! Each Monday morning our team is greeted with a bowl of fresh fruit to snack on throughout the week. We also have personalised water bottles that get filled up regularly to ensure we are hydrated and have the energy to speak to our candidates and clients. No office would be complete without a piece of cake on a Consultants' birthday!
3. Do something your good at
- Our consultants all have individual responsibilities that play to their strengths from managing our social media platforms, Senior Consultants training Junior Consultants, bringing on new clients, etc.
- Doing something you’re good at will often boost your self-esteem and enjoying yourself can often help improve stress and your overall mental health.
You only live once, so live everyday like it’s your last and ensure to look after yourself and those around you.