While some designers in the fashion industry look straight ahead for the next big thing or toy with futuristic themes, our client harks exclusively to the past - His signature fashion line is made for everyone of all shapes and sizes. Using fabrics such as silk and antique linen, he creates fashionable pieces that are relaxed, play with volume and brings a touch of old-world culture to the wearer. Our client is actively looking to recruit an experienced workroom Supervisor to join their in house sampling team
- Co-ordinate and effectively run and manage the workroom team and workload.
- Ensure that samples are produced to deadlines and quality requirements.
- Manage workflow for special orders, alterations and small production runs inhse
- Plan and work out what the team can produce and communicate this to Design Team.
- Set-up and manage each seasons critical path.
- Maintain and monitor the schedule / excel agenda in order to keep other departments up to date with the workroom's priorities and workload
- Ensure the team produces the Sample Collection within the period and standards required.
- Work closely with the Design Team and Senior Garment Tech to understand the critical path.
- Responsible for machine maintenance, ordering, managing budgets within workroom and general facilities.
- Previous experience from a luxury background and have excellent knowledge of sewing, sampling, hand finishing and luxury fabrics, trims and lining.
- Confident to manage people, workload and communicate well with all levels
- A good knowledge of Office packages (excel, word etc) are essential.
- Ideally the candidate would be able to use illustrator (and Gerber).