A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Womenswear Softs Designer to join the team of this leading supplier for high street retailers. They are looking for an enthusiastic, creative Designer with at least 4-6 years experience to work as part of an established team and be able to multi task.
- Designing multi product soft wovens
- Working on well-known high street accounts
- Ensuring all designs are interpreted correctly prior to production.
- Liaising with factories overseas.
- Monitoring and evaluating sources of inspiration in the industry and wider markets leading to product opportunities ensuring they are incorporated into the ranges.
- Regularly reviewing competitors.
- Working closely with the sales team building ranges and understanding the customers' requirements.
- Ladies soft wovens background is essential.
- Must have 4 - 6 years working with fast fashion suppliers to retailers
- Strong commercial awareness and be up to date with current trends, key shapes, colours etc.
- A good understanding of production with near and far east factories.
- Production of design specifications suitable for factories to understand.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing process and raw materials to develop samples and ranges effectively and to cost.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Fully computer literate with excellent skills in Photoshop and illustrator
Please apply with your cv as a word document and some examples from your current portfolio.