We have an exciting new role, we are looking for a jersey Girlswear Designer with Womenswear experience to come and work for a leading fashion supplier who work with huge names on the high street delivering the latest trends.
Based in London, they want someone with a strong eye for interpreting childrenswear high fashion trends. You will design and contribute to the constant development and co-ordination of new product ranges, to satisfy market key trends and customer needs, offering innovation and fresh approaches to design.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assisting on the design of current girlswear and womenswear fashion ranges to present to clients.
- To produce detailed technical packs for accurate first-time samples.
- Carry out trend research and analysis alongside colour trends.
- Identify and understand clients brand identity and handwriting when designing and range building.
- Create beautiful designs, mood boards, colour palettes and trend boards.
- Sourcing of fabric and trims.
- Be able to do Trend and Moodboards, CAD's, Mock-ups and detailed Tech-packs. 3D design capability is a plus.
- Communicate directly with merchandisers and sampling units at our factories in Turkey (in English), briefing and following up collection samples
- Communicate with and present to customers as and when needed.
- Do regular comp and inspirational shopping.
- Have knowledge of fabrics. Knowledge of mills and fabric sourcing ability is a plus
- Have experience in a fast-paced supplier environment