Our client is a globally recognised fashion supplier that delivers to some of the most popular products to the high street market. They are looking for an ambitious Import Merchandiser with 2-3 years' experience in a similar role to be based in Leicester offices.
You will work closely with the design team and factories assuring all work is approved and production runs efficiently. This is an exciting opportunity to join a company working with such accounts as Disney, Warner Bros, Pokémon and more! Offering Friday early finishes as well great long-term employment incentives.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Negotiating prices with factories/agents and customers
- Raising new orders internally and sending to overseas factory/In country merchandisers
- Checking all details on customer contracts
- Acknowledge and update customer PO's /CP tools on their systems
- Updating and analysing internal and customer critical paths
- Update and email weekly China control sheet to our China Office
- Sending sample submissions - Lab dips/strike offs to customer
- Coordination between departments with sample approvals
- Liaising with design department if any design issues & to request high resolution artwork to send to the factory.
- Checking label artworks, and approving for factories
- Maintaining good working relationships with internal and external suppliers Ability to read test reports & send production pieces to the lab
- Attend customer meetings
- Skills required
- Highly organised
- Previous merchandising experience required
- Ability to work under pressure & cope with tight deadlines
- Excellent communicator
- Work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and Methodical approach
- Previous experience in licensing would be an advantage
- Previous experience in Garment Physical and Chemical testing.
- IT literate and confident user of Microsoft Office packages and Outlook.