An exciting new opportunity has become available to work for a leading supplier of casual fashion to the high street retailers to be based in their modern office in Bangladesh/Jordan.
Based in a large, fast-paced environment manufacturing Women and men's multi-products across wovens and jersey. You will be focusing on all quality and garment technical matters - factory floor quality, end of the line, AQL, inspections, customer liaison for quality, managing and developing strategies and processes as well as sustainability and compliance.
The ideal candidate will need to demonstrate strong leadership and people management skills along with sound garment construction and makeup knowledge. Your role will be to provide direction, as well as team development and skill base.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- To enhance Operations through process simplification, de-skilling, and fool proofing work activities to ensure high level of operational discipline.
- To provide, implement and train technical know-how to all Departments in the supply chain to enhance their efficiency levels by fine tuning SOPs.
- Responsible for ensuring shrinkage, shade segregation, CSV, RSV at the fabric stage by giving guidelines to the fabric department.
- Involve in marker making process for RSV and CSV markers to ensure shading is controlled to the maximum extent.
- At the style discussions/pre-production/bulk production stage, we need to review and add value in the process like a trial run, size set closures, bulk pattern closure, etc to ensure resources are utilized at optimal levels.
- Actively involved with the technicians during the new style start-up at the sewing and finishing process to ensure early technical advantages are built-in.
- Conduct brainstorming sessions across functional teams and work closely with the technicians to introduce innovative methods of conducting operations at maximum efficiency level.
- Ensure tight review and control on measurement accuracy is maintained throughout the supply chain to ensure products meet the quality standards.
- Take initiatives to optimize manpower which includes training of new operators and special training of all operators on critical operations. Also, work towards reducing the manpower by simplifying/ clubbing the operations.
- Continuously work on the failures by doing root cause analysis and learning is effectively implemented and follow-up to ensure the failures are not repeated.
- Engaging with daily operations and timely feedbacks to Department Heads for correction and streamlining.
- Experience in managing a large plant as GM Technical or equivalent position for at least 5 years.
- Good knowledge of the updated process of manufacturing across all departments.
- Complete knowledge of the production cycle and quality parameters for fine-tuning or reengineering.
- Confident, good in communication and carries a proactive approach.
- A proven track record of managing large teams and capable of buying in cross-functional departments to ensure department KPIs are met.
- Previous experience working for a supplier to fast fashion high street retailers
- You must have experience of volume garment manufacturing at international level
- Experience of quality control management
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership
- You must be able to relocate to Bangladesh or Jodan with daily travel to the operation (6-day working week)
- Expat preferred
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary plus accommodation (if required) and other benefits.