An exciting new opportunity has arisen with one of our globally successful suppliers, they are looking for Technical Manager within their Knitwear department based in Bangladesh.
Working closely with the UK based Technical team, Merchandising and Quality teams to ensure all sample developments and production garments meet the required expectations of the customer.
Your role is to develop the Technical team to ensure they meet all expectations in terms of accurate interpretation of design packs, sample and production quality as well as cost, speed of response and on-time delivery.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Recruit, train and motivate the Technical Team, to follow all procedures
- Work closely with all internal departments within the business to give the best possible service to the business in terms of quality, design, speed and price.
- Communicate with all Technical teams regularly to discuss development progress and share information on new initiatives/techniques and cost saving ideas.
- Closely monitor the Knitwear technical team to ensure they fully understand the product, safety requirements, fitting, fabric performance, sampling process, production procedures, and quality / safety standards.
- Be able to save money without compromising the integrity of the product.
- Monitor the reporting on UK Warehouse failures and customer returns.
- Establish and maintain working procedures with suppliers. Ensure all procedures comply with company's requirements.
- Help to make commercial decisions, whenever necessary, in conjunction with Fabric and Merchandising teams.
- Be an expert in all aspects of the knitwear manufacturing processes
- Specific yarn and spinning knowledge, preferably having worked with Chinese spinners.
- Experience and understanding of all types of Knitting machines and techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and establish solid working relationships with the Technical, Merchandising and Development teams.