I am recruiting a new role for a key client of mine who is looking for a Technical Manager to cover Men's, Ladies, and Childrenswear across Jersey, woven and Nightwear product areas. My client is a successful supplier to UK retailers with a stronghold in the supermarket business. They are looking for a strong Technical candidate who can lead on one of their key accounts and partner with the team there to drive improvements in product fit and quality, grasp and implement new digital initiatives and best practices and embrace change to move the business forward
This is a great role for an experienced technologist with an understanding of digital design systems to develop their career. A background from either a Retailer or Supplier would be considered for this role. You will need to be used to working in a fast-paced environment and confident under pressure and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
· Driving continuous product improvement.
· Responsible for the approval of garments and advising on all aspects of fit, construction, and quality-related issues.
· Utilising 3d and new technologies to improve ways of working.
· Attending (virtual) or f2f fit meetings with customers and translating the comments to overseas factories advising clear, commercial solutions.
· Creating size specifications and technical packs for issues to factories.
· Working closely within the internal design, sampling, sales, and merchandising teams, and developing strong working relationships with customers' own technical teams.
· Liaise regularly with designers and customers regarding all aspects of fit, quality, and finish or products
· Communicate all the information to technical teams within the factories offshore.
· Person Specification
- Previous experience working with nightwear, jersey/woven products across ladies, mens and kids categories
- Confident dealing with buyers and senior technical managers within the customer base, to solve problems
- Knowledge of working with or for High Street Multiples
- Supplier or retail experience
- Must have knowledge of working with 3d deisgn software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing
- Ability to work under pressure and to key deadlines on the Critical Path
- Able to give clear concise technical comments to factories