We are actively recruiting an experienced swimwear Designer to work this fast-growing premium brand. They are looking to expand the swimwear range (whilst still retaining it's roots of dedicated '5am club' type swimmers).
- Develop range plan in conjunction with Product Marketing and Merchandising Director based on feedback from Sales Team and customer research and insights
- Design two seasonal and two performance ranges for female swimwear range
- Keep up to date with trends in fabrics, colours and shapes.
- Analyse trend information collated from trend reviews, external research and competitor analysis
- ·Research and select print designs, fabrics, trims etc. for all new developments
- ·Demonstrate technical skills with fabrics, garment construction and finishing.
- Design original print designs and put designs into repeat, re-colour and re-scale where necessary
- Put together and finalise range for each season in conjunction with Product Marketing and Merchandising Director
- Provide colouring and designs for accessories range as required
- Work with external pattern cutters to develop new patterns. Fit all new styles to mannequins
- Produce accurate CADs for all styles
- Produce design specs for all styles in conjunction with Development Machinist
- Present ranges at sales team meetings
- Create placement print and logo position templates for the factory - scaling where required.
Person Specifications :
- Previous experience designing high end, fit for purpose swimwear.
- Ability to translate key trends into commercial ranges in line with the brand.
- Highly competent Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop skills.
- Contribute to the development of new ideas and initiatives.
- Product design experience and garment make-up knowledge.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload.
- Excellent communicator, with first class presentation skills.