We are recruiting on behalf of our client, an internationally established supplier to many leading high street retailers. They are looking for a Senior Technical & QA Manager based in Bangladesh. This role entails communicating and working between the Design & Development teams, Merchandising, Manufacturing base and local customer's to ensure all products are sealed on time and in according to the critical path and to the required SOP and quality standards whilst ensuring legislative requirements are adhered to and goods are fit for purpose. The successful candidate will need to have a proven track record of setting and achieving quality standards, , across a variety of product categories in Ladieswear, Menswear & Children's wear.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Manage and oversee the sealing process, fit meeting schedules and on-time delivery of samples.
- Approve graded specification size charts.
- Ensure that comprehensive comments are compiled for factories, using size specifications, highly detailed diagrams / fit images to ensure full understanding of any amendments that may be required.
- Manage size standards for all product categories, establishing and maintaining fit and size standards.
- Ensure that all quality and technical requirements are systematically documented in line with the critical path.
- Set, establish and approve bulk raw material test reports
- Develop where required manufacturing methods and make -up best practice with the supply base to ensure right-first-time product
- Undertake factory visits to support the improvement of quality standards, improve working relationships and increase knowledge of manufacturing capabilities/developments for self and the team.
- A proven track record of setting and achieving quality standards, appropriate to a high end/luxury brand, across a variety of product categories in Ladieswear, Menswear, Children's wear
- Experience of fitting garments and ideally pattern cutting within a manufacturing and / or a retail (Technical Department) environment.
- Solid knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing methodology.
- A firm understanding of garment pattern grading.
- Experience of establishing raw material testing standards.
- Organised and efficient - the ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Good communication skills with experience of liaising with a range of suppliers and other business partners (internal and external).
- Good office and administration skills.
- A systematic approach to logging and recording information
- Pattern knowledge/Sewing Knowledge/Fabric Knowledge