We are recruiting for an exciting new Senior Manager across Fabric & Sustainability for our client who are looking for an experienced individual to support the Country Head of their Bangladesh sourcing hub.
The role of a Fabric & Sustainability Manager involves coordinating the management of a range of technical, investigative, and quality control work on clothing and textiles, ensuring that quality, ethical & legal standards are met and that we are meeting sustainability targets.
You will work with the supplier and factory base to ensure the fabrics are within the capabilities of machinery, costings and the capacities of the factories. In addition you will need to have a good knowledge of sustainability within the apparel market and the ability to lead the team in this area, driving innovative solutions to meet sustainability targets set.
This role will be the lead for the fabric and sustainability teams across both Bangladesh and India, motivating and driving teams to drive high potential and develop talent.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with and providing technical advice to design, marketing, purchasing, and production staff
- Creating products in response to given briefs
- Dyeing and printing textiles
- Evaluating, identifying, and selecting fabrics/products from suppliers
- Controlling production and quality standards
- Meeting sustainability targets
- Ensuring that products meet set requirements and specifications (e.g. colour fastness, durability, etc.)
- Dealing with customer queries and complaints
- Keeping up to date with trends and innovations
- Managing and developing team driving high potential talent
- Good overall knowledge of fabrics, materials and sustainability
- Experience in manufacturing industry with fabric and sustainability background.
- Ability to think strategically, drive innovation and market leading ideas
- Good negotiation and influencing skills with strong costings knowledge with good commercial awareness
- Demonstrate strong people management and leadership skills
- Build clear, confident, positive communication with company colleagues and suppliers with the ability to form relationships, influence and work collaboratively across the business Good Interpersonal & organisational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure, quickly and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills & fluent in English - written & verbal