Our client is a Turkish supplier of women's fashion to the high street. They are looking for an experienced senior designer for ladies' shape jersey wear. This role involves ensuring constant design and development across all ladies' jersey ranges including formal, athleisurewear, lounge, joggers and sweats to give continuity to the business and satisfy market trends and customer needs.
Main responsibilities will include:
- In-depth trend research from the catwalk to high street competitors.
- Create commercial designs which focus on the buyer's needs.
- Build strong relationships with the buyers through the presentation of designs.
- Constant communication with TK office to ensure the handover of designs and samples requests are communicated to the highest level.
- Create in-depth tech packs and specifications of all design that are to be sampled.
- International travel for design inspiration/buyers meetings / and factory visits.
- High level of Adobe CAD skills
- Fully Mac literate including Microsoft office.
- Must have a good creative, yet commercial eye.
- Excellent technical knowledge of casual jersey garments, including fashion tops, bottoms, dresses, sweat and active.
- High level of confidence in verbal presentations that will instigate new sales and install trust with the buyers.
- Must be innovative and able to problem solve, be adaptable as well as work in a fast-paced and pressured environment.
- Able to work as part of a team as well as showing own initiative.
- Good understanding of business strategy and its needs.
To be considered for this role please submit current CAD Trend report and design work from your portfolio