I am recruiting a new role for a client of mine who is looking for a Technical Manager to cover Ladies, across Jersey and woven product areas. My client is a successful supplier to UK retailers and supermarkets. They are looking for a strong Technical candidate who can lead on one of their key accounts and partner with the team there to drive improvements in product fit and quality.
This is a great role for an experienced senior technologist looking to develop their career. A background from either a Retailer or Supplier would be considered for this role. You will need to be used to working in a busy environment and confident under pressure and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Driving continuous product improvement.
- Responsible for the approval of garments and advising on all aspects of fit, construction, and quality-related issues.
- Attending fit meetings with customers and translating the comments to overseas factories advising clear, commercial solutions.
- Creating size specifications and technical packs for issues to factories.
- Working closely within the internal design, sampling, sales, and merchandising teams, and developing strong working relationships with customer's own technical teams
- Managing the machinists workload
- Liaise regularly with designers and customers regarding all aspects of fit, quality, and finish or products
- Communicate all the information to technical teams within the factories offshore.
- Previous experience working with ladies jersey and woven products
- Confident dealing with buyers and senior technical managers within the customer base, to solve problems
- Knowledge of working with or for High Street Multiples
- Supplier or retail experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of garment construction and manufacturing
- Ability to work under pressure and to key deadlines on the Critical Path
- Able to give clear concise technical comments to factories