We've got a really exciting new international role working for a large multinational company with world-class manufacturing facilities. They are looking for a Garment Technician across Womenswear & Girlswear to work in either their Hong Kong or Bangladesh Office.
The role will work alongside Design, PD & Merchandising colleagues to support the Team Head of girls and womenswear designs for fitting, and pattern making process. You would need previous experience in a similar role and be able define the patterns and fitment accurately from customer specifics down to the Merchandising & Production teams to ensure the quality of the product is as per customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for overseeing from conception to delivery fitting & pattern process to align with customer requirements as per technical packs. You would need to provide technical advice and liaise with sample rooms, merchandisers, manufacturing partners and other internal teams as needed.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Handle all technical activities regarding fitting, garment construction, workmanship during pre-production and production.
- Good working knowledge and concept on design & product development with passion to achieve excellence in quality standards.
- Work closely with customers, merchandising teams and factories on the exact specifications for patterns and fitment to align with customer needs & specifications.
- All categories will be preferred but knowledge of including Women's & girls is required - woven & knit.
- Create measurement charts, assess and update technical packages during the product development stage.
- Work on paper patterns - create basic block, standardize grade rule.
- Ensure product quality meet the fitting technical requirements.
- Approve products fit sample and ensure it meets the company quality standards.
- Provide technical advice to internal team on product quality, sample execution and fit related issues.
- Experience working on Pattern making 3D software. Advantageous to know PLM.
- Knowledge on of 3D Design Software e.g. Optitex and Apex, etc. will be preferred.
- Communicate with vendors/stakeholders to provide technical support on all technical issues.
- Review factory size spec and grading and monitor improvement action.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience with 4 years as Garment Technician in girls/womenswear.
- A go getter with a positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Team Player who is highly motivated and result driven.
- Strong communicator, pro-actively communicating with merchandisers, suppliers and head office staff.
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with good attention to detail.
- Degree in Fashion, Clothing, Textile or Design is preferred.
- Good understanding of Gerber or lectra knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, MS Office tools.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is a must.