An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Fabric Technical Manager with one of our globally successful clients based in Sri Lanka.
Working within Boys & Menswear covering both casual and more formal pieces as well as women's and menswear tailoring. The Senior Fabric Technical Manager will ensure all raw materials meet the customer expectations and provide expert advice to the technical team.
Main responsibilities will include
- Source and manage the fabric supply base and expand the network in the South Asia Region.
- Working with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer.
- Stay updated with UK fashion trends
- Work closely with fabric sourcing to ensure that all key seasonal fabrics are delivered on time.
- Actively review with the Merchandising Manager and source new suppliers where necessary.
- Set sales budgets with Merchandise Manager for each relevant product category/ department.
- Monitor the status of sales against the budget on a continual basis and adjust as necessary.
- Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality.
- Degree Certificate in a Technical Textile Qualification or extensive work experience in a similar capacity
- Previous experience in manufacturing & sourcing in Asia
- Full understanding of fabric testing standards & methodology.
- Positive attitude to challenging situations
- Excellent customer service skills
- First-class communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Keen attention to detail