A fabulous opportunity has become available to join an established thriving fashion business who supply to the international high street and supermarket industry. They are recruiting for a Senior Menswear Designer across jersey (Mat Cover).
They are looking for an experienced designer to cover Mens jersey tops & sweats / joggers including fashion tees & polos, Jersey shirts, smart casual Polo shirts, activewear as the main focus area. This will be working across key fashion accounts across the high street.
For this role you will need an eye for commercial product and a flair for trends. They want someone who is who is self motivated, with a great eye for presentation who is used to working in a dynamic and fast-paced company.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Customer meetings, presenting ranges to buyers and external design teams, showcasing latest trends, market research and mood boards
- Product accurate and detailed CADs for sampling
- Identify and understand clients brand identity and handwriting when designing and range building.
- Liaise with factories in the far east, ensuring deadlines for samples are met and in the office in time for sign off meetings
- Daily contact with sales and technical teams within the UK office
- Develop and source new trims and fabrics
- Carry out trend research and analysis alongside colour trends
- Attend trade fairs and undertake regular comp shops with a strong awareness of current product on the high street.
- Experience as a Menswear jersey Designer with a strong commercial handwriting in a supplier or retail environment
- Excellent communication and professional presentation skills
- Sound knowledge of garment construction as well as the ability to produce accurate and detailed spec drawings.
- Good understanding of fabric and trims, graphics and embellishment
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines, working as part of a team and individually self-motivated.
- Strong knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop to create CADs
- Any experience on 3D design would be advantageous