We have an exciting new international role based in Hong Kong, working for a hugely successful multinational company with world-class manufacturing facilities. They are looking for a Senior Menswear & Boyswear Designer to join their team.
Reporting into the Team Head you will support in development of menswear and boyswear designs & styles aligned with the customer needs.
You will be responsible overseeing design projects from conception to delivery, develop designs for new product ideas or enhancements to existing products. You will create product specifications and sketches with a clear & focused concept for development and sample production. You will be a crucial part of the team, providing technical advice and liaise with sample rooms, Merchandisers.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all design projects across menswear and boyswear from conception to delivery.
- Prepare presentations to design original pieces including sketches with CAD artwork, illustrations, detailed specifications and colour palettes.
- Research and analyse seasonal trends and concepts relevant to the customer.
- Create detailed product technical/functional design specifications to share with suppliers.
- Keep on top of critical path and action all styles within the deadlines, keeping accurate records of all developments and changes in the within product team areas.
- Work with the team to understand the clients needs to provide design and development services to meet their requirement.
- Work closely with the Sourcing team to source materials and with Merchandising teams to support them on new styles and designs as requested by the customer.
- Monitor and review the status of raw materials for samples, partner with Sourcing teams to identify raw materials that are not meeting cost or quality standards.
- Drive and compile initial costing for all styles in development by partnering with Design and Technical teams.
- Excellent product knowledge with strong development skills across menswear and boyswear.
- Good technical knowledge in fabric, washing (dyeing), printing, embroidery, embellishment techniques and size grading specification.
- Strong communicator who communicates effectively across teams with passion and enthusiasm.
- Highly motivated and results driven individual. Able to work under pressure, in a fast environment, is self-motivated with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a multi task environment.