My client is seeking a strong Senior Jersey wear Designer to join a globally renowned brand in their Beijing, China office. I am looking for someone who has experience working with the Chinese customer and who understands the young trends of this fast pace and ever-changing market. This person will have a very high attention to detail shown throughout their work.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Create seasonal collections, strongly influenced by inspiration trips in Asia (Tokyo/ Seoul) as well as local research and follow up of the trend forecasting's webs
- Analyze sales figures/ orders, and being ahead of trend and consumer
- Constantly upgrade the fabric quality, fitting and product according to the trend and market demands
- Constantly source latest offers/ trimmings/ fabrics/ treatments/ from suppliers in China (in cooperation with buying department)
- Conduct fitting reviews with buyers to improve product/ look/ fabric/ fitting etc. in weak areas/ ensure constant training in latest fittings/ shapes/ details for Technicians/ Buyers.
- Qualified designer- minimum Bachelor degree in Fashion
- Proven experience in Ladies Jersey Design (minimum 3-4 years)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating exceptional talent and feeling for premium designs
- Creative design flair/ Strong sense for fast moving trends
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics and attention to details is an absolute must
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop/ Illustrator)
- User knowledge of Microsoft Office and PowerPoint
- Strong team player with ability to work on a one to one basis with local buyers
- English skills (minimum communication level), both written and spoken