We are working exclusively with a fantastic new client who are looking for a Senior Activewear Designer to work across womens and mens high performance activewear in their HQ in Dublin.
Based in Dublin, they are an athleisure clothing brand with a huge focus on sustainability with a fantastic culture and huge focus on nurturing and growing people within the company.
You will be reporting into the Design Lead and managing two Designers beneath you where team work plays a key role as well as collaborating with other departments across buying and merchandising.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Lead the development for the high performance category across menswear and womenswear from 2D to retail to digital, fitting within the brand DNA.
- Constantly monitor competitor activity and keep up to date with the latest trends and fabric trends.
- Develop concepts, highly relevant and desirable products alongside creative strategies that fulfil objectives of category product briefs and targets.
- Collaborate with buying and merchandising to ensure consumer and brand focus.
- Create and execute creative strategies to ensure end to end creative excellence from concept to consumer.
- Manage a Junior Designer through product creation process ensuring creative execution and holistic storytelling.
- Review and approve designs through all stages the design process.
- Maximise results within given budget and timeframes.
- Participate in annual and long-term Creative Direction strategies.
- Present and communicate creative ideas and products with clarity, effectively selling in ideas to variety of stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities of improvement and initiate own proposals/projects.
- At least 6-8 years' experience designing sportswear or activewear.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages as well as Adobe and Illustrator.
- Strong visual CAD skills with the ability to create impactful designs and stories.
- Team player who is looking for a friendly and supportive environment.
- Solid presentations skills and advanced experience in the creative development of communication tools.
- Proven experience with the entire design process.