A unique role has arisen for my client who are a growing brand with a strong international presence and as such are now looking to recruit a Retail Sales Director to spearhead their expansion into the Japanese market. This is an exciting position to set-up a strong presence for this premium/luxury ladies jewellery brand in Japan and develop the business for In-house fashionable jewellery and accessories.
The Sales Director will evaluate the existing store network, then build a distribution strategy that is in line with the company's sales goals and budget. The Sales Director will partner closely with the Intl VP, the internal team of marketing & logistic in a hands-on manner. You must be able to negotiate with major department stores and malls strongly and respectfully, to get the best positioning and terms for the Brand.
The Retail Sales Director will be an entrepreneurial sales leader who will take ownership of the Japanese B2C distribution strategy & business development. The successful candidate will be a brand builder who embraces the potential and positioning of the brand, while bringing appropriate contacts and experience with Malls, Department stores, Concept stores, E-commerce.
The right candidate must have a background within the jewellery/ fashion accessories market and be a hands-on business developer and an excellent communicator with a high level of autonomy. This individual will also bring outstanding financial acumen.
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include
- Implementing the B2C strategy, build an efficient team organization, developing sell-in and sell-through programs to meet brand goals.
- Marketing the products in the Japanese market to include suitable price strategy, seasonal and annual marketing plan as well as contribute on PR and Digital Marketing activities
- Oversighting, in general, the business of the Company in Japan
- Opening and Developing B2C Off Line (Pop Up, Corner, Kiosk, boutique) and On Line in key shopping malls & Department Stores located in strategic potential cities
- Identifying locations for the Stores; negotiating the leases
- Advising on the preparation and establishment of a staffing plan, implementation and administration of the Stores' recruitment programs, training programs, and incentives programs;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of KPIs and business monitoring reports;
- Establish and operate the business of the Company's e-Stores;
- Establishing an efficient after-sale services process in line with the Company's policies;
- Assisting the Company to have any distributors and retailers committed to the company's chart of distribution and general terms of sales.
- Taking all other necessary actions in order to maximize the operational profits and investment returns of the Company;
- Exploring the wholesales opportunities for the Company
- Preparing the Budgets and Reports to review sales KPIS, marketing, market feedback and propose short and long-term strategies to create greater sales volume.
- Communicate with Management to review sales KPIS, marketing, market feedback and propose short and long-term strategies to create greater sales volume.
- Entrepreneurial sales executive with a strong experience in managing retail networks.
- Fluent in Japanese and English (French will be an added value)
- Strong connections to Malls, Department stores and proven experience developing jewellery / accessory Off Line and On Line.
- Able to direct an integrated retail marketing effort to support the sell-in and sell-thru objectives
- A flexible multi-tasker who is willing to "roll up their sleeves."
- Charismatic and energetic with a personal presence and appropriate style and taste to represent this brand in Korea.
- Passionate about Luxury, jewellery and Fashion and highly knowledgeable about Japanese market.