I am seeking a Project Strategy systems Manger to join a large manufacturing business in Dusseldorf, Germany. This person will develop and implement a robust data management system, digitalize the supply chain and develop and implement the major process improvement for defined key processes. You do not need industry specific experience but a background in system project management is essential.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Defining project objectives, project scope, roles & responsibilities.
- Digitalizing business platform, system and process management.
- Defining resource requirements and managing resource availability & allocation - both internal and third party for flawless execution of projects
- Outlining a budget based on requirements and tracking costs to deliver project on budget
- Preparing a detailed project plan to schedule key project milestones, workstreams & activities.
- Managing delivery of the project according to this plan.
- Tracking project and providing regular reports on project status to project team and key stakeholders.
- Measuring project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Creating and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Managing and adjusting for any changes in project scope, schedule and / or budget.
- Identifying and mitigating potential risks.
- Managing the relationship and communication with all stakeholders, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction.
- Project Management: - Plans, organises and effectively manages to maximize efficiency and productivity. Sets goals and objectives, priorities and plans work activities, identifies specific action steps and resources, anticipates problems and develops contingency plans. Has the ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously.
- Business Acumen - has a sound grasp of business principles, operations, challenges and issues so that he/she can provide value added effective solutions. Understands the factors influencing strategy (e.g. core competence, customers, competition, market trends, external threats, organizational strengths and limitations)
- Visionary and Strategic - must be a strategic thinker from two perspectives: first, must be able to contribute to the strategic thinking process at the organizational/ business perspective. Secondly, must be able to look at operational issues, challenges, and opportunities from a strategic perspective. Sees the "big" picture and understands the various trends, patterns, and relationships.
- Communication - Understands all elements of effective communication (written, oral, visual) with all stakeholder; conflict resolution skills
- Interpersonal skills: - Understands to develop and maintain mutually satisfying relationships that are characterized by trust and compassion to be able to motivate and inspire the team, and gain the commitment needed to follow through on strategies.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent Analytical skills in order to correctly identify risks and solve any problems which may arise throughout the project
- MSc/MBA in Business Administration, IT, computer science or engineering
- Minimum 2 years work experience
- Proven working experience in the area of project management