Our client is a fast-growing multi-channel women's fashion brand that is passionate about print. Bringing something fresh and new to the high street, They aspire to deliver what every woman's wardrobe needs - from well produced staples to limited edition and trend-led fashion pieces.
They are experiencing unprecedented success and growth and we now have the opportunity for a Production Merchandiser to join the team.
You will be responsible for managing the critical paths, following all orders placed to delivery ensuring the process runs efficiently. You will also successfully manage capacity across the business ensuring right product, right supplier, and right time for all the garments. You will build strong supplier relationships to support a partnership approach and will oversee the production planning with key suppliers.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- Managing critical paths
- Liaising with suppliers/factories to obtain confirmation on delivery dates, costs and any other related queries.
- Following the whole process through as required from placing orders, dealing with MOQ's, production to the shipment of stock.
- Sample management.
- Raising purchase orders, label orders (care labels, brand labels, price labelling).
- Lab dip, print strike offs, bulk fabric and sample submissions.
- Engage proactively with both Global Suppliers & regional Colleagues to ensure that orders are placed effectively & that products are produced to meet seasonal business requirements
- Identify & mitigate the risk of late deliveries through a clear critical path management & escalation process.
- Provide support to the Production Administrator's and ensure that they are clear on the priorities set by the Lead Production Merchandiser.
- Overseeing the Production Planning of our Key Suppliers.
- Working closely with Sourcing Partners, Merchandising, Operations and Product Development team to maximise opportunities
- Contribute to creation of seasonal buy calendar and other dates relevant for Planning
- Improving process and efficiencies within our supply base
- Prepare reports for Operations, Product, Finance, and Management Team
- Someone with a clear understanding of garment production processes and critical path management
- Strong merchandising background preferably in a fashion supplier
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational skills with the proven ability to multitask with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Commercial awareness and someone who thrives in a fast-paced global business
- Good understanding of garment manufacturing, production line management and raw material management.
- Understanding of Sports, and FMCG/Fashion Industry preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally, liaising with peer groups across the business to drive efficiencies and results