A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Production Manager across ladieswear to join a leading supplier. My client is looking for someone to manage and oversee the Technical team, working closely with overseas factories to plan a production schedule to hit the required delivery dates.
A solid understanding of Morocco is essential for this role, strong ability to deal with the critical path, lead times and fabric is also crucial. Previous supplier experience working with large retailers will be beneficial.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Strong understanding of the critical path, planning a production schedule to hit the required delivery dates.
- Manage sample lead times and packing notes.
- Monitor the whole production process and adjust delivery schedules as needed.
- Work collaboratively with Account Managers, Designers and Technical, ensuring effective production running.
- Running and managing the Technical team to ensure production plan is met, and adjust production plans as needed.
- Undertake supplier visits both in the UK and internationally.
- Work closely with internal colleagues to manage orders, including label orders and costings.
- Liaise with forwarders ensuring relevant paperwork is passed onto the shipping line and clearing agent.
- Ensure all goods meet the required quality standards.
- Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- Solid jersey /woven technical knowledge and understanding.
- Strong understanding of Morocco factories
- Willingness to travel.
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role is essential.
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of the business.
- Good time management and prioritisation skills.