We are currently recruiting for an internationally acclaimed Manufacturer of Men's Ladies and Children's to many of the high street retailers in the UK and Europe. They are actively looking for a successful Product Manager for their women's wear division. This role is the lynch pin between the UK Buyers and the design teams and factories in Sri Lanka. You will need to have a good understanding of product trend so therefore this role would ideally suit an Assistant Buyer/Product Developer with experience working for a fast fashion high street retailer looking for a new and exciting opportunity overseas.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Comprehensive trend research, working closely with the in-house Design team and factories to execute cohesive Women's wear range builds.
- Develop Jersey and casual Woven product areas for multiple U.K based Retailers.
- Overseeing design to delivery - ensuring all product is sourced and produced to a high quality and standard.
- International travel to meet and present ranges to Buying teams in the UK and Sri Lanka
- Organising factory visits for key account Buying and Design teams.
- Negotiating prices on behalf of the Supplier, ensuring both parties are meeting desired cost pricing.
- Manage design teams in Sri Lanka and UK
- The candidate will ideally have experience with working alongside factories in Sir Lanka.
- Product focused individual With a passion for design and an excellent eye for detail.
- Extensive knowledge of building commercial Women's wear ranges in line with UK High Street.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced environment with a background in either Buying, Design Sales or Account Management will be considered.
- This role will be based full time in Sir Lanka but you must be willing to travel to the UK several times throughout the year to attend customer meetings.