Our client is a major fashion retailer with numerous sourcing offices worldwide They are actively looking for an experienced Product Manager who has worked on Girls and Boyswear garments to be based in their Sri Lankan office.
Main Responsibilities will include:
Drive and maximise the company's sourcing sales and profit for the baby and and children's wear departments. You will be required to target new and Independent business. You will also need to develop strong and strategic product ranges to achieve this. Working closely with the UK teams you will build strong relationships to raise your territories profile and establish our client as their key supplier.
Job Responsibility Including But Not Limited:
- Work with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer.
- Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions.
- Work closely with fabric sourcing to ensure that all key seasonal fabrics are delivered in season
- Have a clear understanding of the product offer from the Country / Region to establish and implement strategies to achieve the sales target.
- Actively review supply base with Merchandising Manager and source new suppliers where necessary
- Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality.
- Manage customer visits to the Country / Region ensuring they are well prepared and that visitors are always impressed.
- Motivate and develop the team, evaluating and distributing workload
- Set goals for the team that are aligned with the strategic directions of the business
- Experience working with the UK market is Ideal
- Comprehensive technical knowledge for all your departmental areas.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Strong background in design or product development in Girls and Boyswear
- Ability to prioritise and achieve deadlines
- Posses strong Leadership skills
- Exceptional team player and a decision maker
- Proactive, reliable and strong at multi-tasking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and independently
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Excellent people management experience