We have a fantastic new role for an experienced Product Developer to join a British designer and manufacturer of childrenswear, womenswear and menswear apparel.
In this role you will report into the Technical Manager, ensuring both new and existing product development follows agreed procedures and company standards. They are keen on having experience and knowledge within sourcing across fabrics and components and a strong understanding of children's wear legislation and Safety/Quality standards.
With a state of the art inhouse factory and distribution centre they can manufacture in house, this company has a nice environment and company culture where everyone supports one another.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure development and production samples are produced to an acceptable standard.
- Create initial designs, CAD boards and presentation packs following a request from Sales Managers.
- Create and update Design/Technical specifications.
- Check for quality and measurements of garments against specifications including garment care instructions.
- Act on request from Sales Managers to develop new designs taking into consideration / using existing product ranges.
- Source fabric and components.
- Liaise with suppliers daily, building and maintaining relationships.
- Visit and assess factories and new suppliers ensuring required standards are met.
- Create size charts to be displayed on the web to assist our customers.
- Ensure all products conform to children's wear legislation and Safety/Quality standards.
- Send technical packs and specifications to suppliers.
- Knowledge of grading and patterns would be advantageous.
- Keep clear and precise records relating to all product design and development together with technical details and signed customer approvals.
- Experienced Garment Technologist preferably across multiproduct experience.
- Childrenswear experience is essential.
- Strong understanding of children's wear legislation and Safety/Quality standards.
- Friendly, team player who is ambitious and eager to progress.
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines, working as part of a team and individually self-motivated.