A very exciting opportunity has become available for a communications Manager to join a luxury watch brand. This person will be responsible for all PR and events for this prestigious brand. Responsible for creating and managing a successful PR and Events strategy within the UK and Ireland.
Mian responsibilities will include:
- Implement the brand's communication strategy across all media platforms within the local market, delivering tactical plans that will boost sales
- Develop an internal (brand team and retail boutiques) and external (all media platforms) communication strategy, focusing on key messaging, product and partnership events
- Create and deliver a yearly programme of UK PR events successfully driving extensive social and media coverage supporting the brand's key messaging
- Working in partnership with the HQ team to ensure clear messaging in line with global messaging and directives creating awareness with both current and new audiences for the brand
- Bi-annual statistical analysis of all editorial results for review, feedback and to set future objectives
- Identify and facilitate new joint venture and partnership PR opportunities that are relevant for the UK market
- Ensure PR budgets are managed carefully and in line with the brand requirements
- Strengthen relationships for the brand with the key media, with daily communication and regular meetings
- Act as an ambassador for brand attending all necessary external events and ensuring first point of contact for all press enquiries
- Maximise editorial coverage through special stories - feature pieces and profile stories for the brands products, heritage, ambassadors, brand partnerships and events
- Organise press trips, accompany journalists on all UK and international event activations to ensure coverage is maximized in the UK
- Create, develop and manage influencer/celebrity endorsement for the brands in the UK on an informal level
- Identify new partnerships for the brand in the local market - including both 'friend of the brand' partnerships and relevant brand collaborations that continuously introduce the brand to new influential audiences.
- Work closely with influential agents and publicists, strengthening the relationship for the brand with relevant VIPs and influencers
- Supporting sporting events where the brand is involved. Create an Olympic Games communications strategy for each Summer and Winter Olympic Games where the brand is Official Timekeeper, creating a close working relationships with the BOA, athletes and key sports media
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager, develop a strong relationship with key commercial partners. Ensure that media coverage is maximised with brand media partners at all times ensuring story placements are in discussion regularly and any concerns managed efficiently.
- Minimum 5 years of working within PR for luxury brands
- Degree level education with superb writing and editing skills
- Exceptional communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrate strength of character, resilience and ability to work well under pressure
- Strong existing relationships with media (print, digital, social) including in luxury
- Good knowledge and experience of driving digital and social media PR
- Proven ability to create and produce high profile luxury events
- Proactive, team player with proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Driven, focused and willing to go the extra mile
- An excellent understanding of the luxury market, with a clear interest and observation of other brand activations in this space
- Ability to travel internationally regularly, including for several weeks at a time for the Olympic Games
- Strong celebrity contacts- proven experience of working with influential agents for VIPs and athletes
- Experience of working on high profile sporting events with relevant industry media contacts an advantage but not essential
- Fluent in English, French an advantage but not essential.