Calling all Pattern Cutters looking for their next step! We are looking for a Pattern Cutter primarily with luxury womenswear and menswear experience. This role is predominantly across woven product where you'll be producing patterns from first toile through to bulk production. You'll be working closely with Designers and Garment Technologists, attending fit sessions making amendments to patterns where necessary and managing an Assistant.
This role is offering a competitive salary, generous holiday, health and life insurance, clothing allowance as well as other perks and benefits.
Main Specifications include:
- Attend pattern briefings with Designers to ensure the accurate interpretation of their sketches to create and cut patterns.
- Produce full graded specifications, card production patterns with shrinkage added if required, and liaise with external grader to produce full graded sets.
- Provide support and recommend solutions to patterns and garment tech during fitting sessions and make amendments.
- Prepare accurate dockets to brief the Cutter and Sample Machinists and liaise with them on alterations to patterns to help make the production of garments more efficient.
- Undertake pattern alterations in preparation for the production samples.
- Demonstrate precision in the cutting of the patterns to make toiles, either by hand or digitally.
- Ensure all administration associated with the role is kept up to date and accessible on relevant spreadsheets and databases.
- Experienced Pattern Cutter with luxury experience across womenswear woven product
- Ability to work with card and digital patterns e.g. Gerber
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Have a positive and pro-active attitude.
- Willing to take initiative and recommend any improvements of changes.
- Good understanding of written and spoken English.
- High level computer literacy, particularly Office package (including Excel), SAP and WFX (or equivalent)
- A team player who can work collaboratively with key stakeholders, designers, quality control and rest of production team to meet deadlines.