This award-winning Law firm based in Elstree, Hertfordshire is looking for an experienced Law PA.
This role will be supporting the Compliance Officer for Legal Practice ('COLP') in her role of as head of Risk and Compliance at the firm and to support best practice across the firm and supporting the management of all aspects of regulation and efficient running of the firm.
The role will involve a mixture of PA/secretarial tasks and administrative support, alongside supporting a number of other initiatives and projects within the team. The ability to juggle a number of priorities within a fast-paced environment will be key. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and organised and take responsibility to managing tasks through to completion. This role will be office based.
Main Responsibilities Will Include:
- To support the COLP in the smooth running of processes, following documented procedures, and working closely with the COLP to ensure all required information/documentation is obtained, issued, and correctly stored on the Firm's systems.
- Full proactive and advanced calendar management including scheduling calls/meetings ensuring where applicable papers and information are available for meetings, looking ahead and following up as required.
- Assisting with calls, emails, correspondence and meeting requests, responding on behalf of the COLP, if appropriate.
- Collating and circulating agendas in advance of meetings, taking minutes/notes of them to share with attendees after and following-up on action points.
- Prepare, amend and proofread documents as appropriate (e.g., letters, reports, attendance notes, memos, emails, presentations, documents for Case Management system) ensuring these are produced to the required standards and that they are retained and filed accurately.
- Providing support to the Money Laundering Compliance Officer on general PA support and projects and initiatives, many of which will involve highly confidential information.
- To develop a strong working knowledge of the Firm's systems, and processes, IT systems.
- Liaising with other internal departments to taking ownership of issues where applicable and following up where appropriate.
- Experience within a Risk & Compliance function is highly desirable (but not essential).
- Experience of supporting Partners or other senior team members.
- Previous experience managing calendars for individuals, with the ability to apply judgement and common sense to ensure the best use of people's time is made, and that any potential diary clashes are pro-actively identified and addressed.
- Strong Microsoft skills - including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint are essential.
- Strong Microsoft Visio skills are desirable.
- Strong time management skills; will need to juggle a number of tasks at any given time, plan ahead, and have the ability to re-prioritise and adapt to changes in requirements.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to deliver work to a consistently high standard of precision (even under pressure) in an environment where accuracy is prized.
- A flexible approach to work: able to respond positively and willingly to changes to requirements, schedules, work required etc.
- Organised and methodical, and able to operate effectively within structured work processes, in particular, with compliance/quality control frameworks.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a range of people and working styles.
- A strong team player, willing to take on work for additional senior members of the team and/or help with other tasks as needed in order to meet the needs of the firm.
- Able to communicate effectively, with warmth and professionalism, to clients and colleagues both orally and in writing, including drafting business emails/correspondence.
- High levels of discretion, with the ability to deal effectively with sensitive or confidential information.
- To maintain confidentiality in respect of those matters which are commercially sensitive or secret.