My client are a successful supplier to several fashion forward retialers and are strenghening htier existing team & are looking for an experienced casual outerwear designer with a fashion forward yet commercial style, who is aware of current trends and is confident presenting at buying meetings, can work in a team as well as independently , this role will allow for some WFH aswell as office. A strong Outerwear design background and passion and energy for your job , coupled with commercial experience at mid - senior level at either a retailer or a supplier
Main responsibilities will include :
- Maintain strong relationships with customers through face to face meetings.
- Carrying out tern research and development
- Sourcing of new fabrics
- Work with factories on a regular basis.
- Carry out seasonal trend research.
- Work closely with other internal designers and merchandisers
- 5-8 years' experience, within Outerwear design and strong casual handwriting
- Previous Supplier or retail experience within outerwear
- Casual outerwear / commercial fashion forward portfolio
- Strong understanding of the critical path process.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organisational and prioritising skills with an ability to work under pressure.
- Strong CAD and presentation skills.