We are working with a British brand who are proud of their history of innovation designs. They are looking for a Merchandising Assistant to help as soon as possible on a temporary basis of 4-6 weeks.
Based in Central London, they are offering hybrid working 2 days in the office and 3 from home with a potential view of a longer contract or possible perm role. This role will suit someone who is keen to begin or take the next step into the world of online merchandising in a small dynamic team.
As a Merchandising Assistant you'd be working in the trading and merchandising team planning stock by analysing best and worst sellers, forecasting and trading through both ecommerce and retail. You'd be reporting into the Senior Trading Executive to ensure that the right amount of product is available online and in-store at the right time through predicting and monitoring sales trends, replenishment and accurately controlling stock levels.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Daily sales reporting for the B2C channel both E-commerce and Retail.
- Prepare weekly trade summaries of key performance indicators within departments of responsibility, relating to sales, stock, profit, and markdown.
- Manage stock availability and intake, the allocation and replenishment activity to ensure prompt and effective distribution of D2C stock, both retail and e-commerce.
- Present in trade meetings - Activations and best sellers.
- Execution of promotions and price changes.
- Prepare lessons learnt analysis, end of month, end of quarter, end of half.
- Be a contact for analysis relating to trade and stock queries from Customer Service / Marketing.
- Update Photography Tracker- supporting new product activation process.
- Support the assistant merchandiser with ad-hoc email selection.
- Support the team with clearance lists, buy review/sign-off presentation / buy presentation and monthly forecasts.
- Perform weekly review of key account/competitor sites.
- Support the team with adhoc analysis.
- Analysis of data using Excel, ZAP and Power -BI.
- Ideally 1 years' experience in a Merchandising Assistant role.
- Be analytical with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Organised and confident who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- passion for merchandising, friendly and can-do attitude will make you a great team player.