A great new design role has arisen for one of my clients a leading supplier to several large retailers and supermarkets. Due to continues growth on the menswear division they are looking for an experienced men's casual bottoms designer designer someone very product focused, and working in a design team . This role can be a mix of office and wfh .
My client is looking for someone who is commercial , proactive, well organized and also aware of latest trends and looks, who can convert them into a commercial and viable offering to their customers. Previous experience working in a similar role for a supplier
Main responsibilities will include:
- Strong interpretation of trends into commercial designs
- Developing seasonal in-house collection which will fit into their customer base
- Following product development through with our PD team
- Constantly developing newness and emerging trends
- Ability to work independently and manage product development overseas
- Ability to present product to clients and conduct customer meetings independently
- Experience designing men's casual bottoms - wovens
- An understanding and passion for emerging trends
- Appetite for design influences and strong eye
- Ability to work proactively and be organised
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate confidently at all levels
- Good teamwork and inter-personal skills
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.