I am currently partnered with a very exciting premium/luxury contemporary brand. I'm recruiting a multi-product Menswear Designer who specialises in Streetwear and who is looking to relocating to Sweden as this is where their main design Head quarters are. The brand is known for their contemporary fashion injected with counter-cultural references. The brand Streetwear, casual look is inspired by music, art and architecture, which all illustrate the kind of world the brand wants to project. They an inspiring, fast-paced and energetic workplace that encourages new ideas and creativity.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Creating and developing original initial design ideas, concepts, fabrications, seasonal themes and ideas
- Collaborate with Head of Design on direction for the forthcoming seasons
- Developing innovative and original designs and concepts, techniques, applications and ideas
- Creating and developing mood boards and original inspiration themes for the seasonal collections
- Provide support in presenting the collection at all stages to senior management
- Ensure critical path deadlines are maintained
- Designs across all product ranges
- Sending sample priority/ updated critical paths to the factory and chasing for samples
- Working alongside production to ensure the expectations of the final product are met.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadline and cope with heavy workloads and strict deadlines.
- Confident, clear and enthusiastic when presenting ranges to management.
- To be a problem solver. Find issues immediately and sorting the problems out with the manufacturers.
- Creative and able to draw upon different inspirations to create contemporary designs.
- A genuine interest in fashion
- Menswear Designer with at least 5-8 years of experience
- Flexible and open-minded with a positive mindset
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail