An established fashion supplier based in Greater London are currently recruiting for an experienced Mens Casual Outerwear Designer to join their team on mat cover role .
As a Men's Casual Outerwear Designer you will be responsible for creating on-trend casual outerwear designs keeping inline with their customer's brief.
The ideal applicant must have previous Outerwear Design skills working for a fashion supplier or high street retailer, possessing exceptional experience designing trendy yet commercial outerwear designs with strong research and trend awareness skills.
Main responsibilities will include:
- The ability to identify current trends and shapes from catwalks and translate into commercial product
- Produce customer trend analysis presentation boards.
- Ability to work within design briefs and understand buying sign off requirements
- Presenting Ranges to Directors and Buyers
- Producing accurate and detailed CAD drawings on Adobe Illustrator to an industry standard for sampling
- Working with sales/technical teams to help ensure end products are commercially viable, and in-line with customer requirements
- Maintain strong relationships with customers through face-to-face meetings.
- Sourcing of new fabrics
- Previous men's casual outerwear design experience
- Previous supplier experience required for this role
- Applicants must have a keen eye for detail.
- Good organisational skills and time management.
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to adapt to situations and deadlines by keeping a level head, thinking outside the box and able to work independently as well as working well in a team.
- A good Knowledge of techniques, fabrics and finishes.