We have a fantastic new opportunity for an ambitious and charismatic Managing Director within a luxury fashion start-up to join a dynamic team and support the growth of a portfolio of 2 exciting brands.
As the Managing Director you will have a hands-on approach and play a critical role in ensuring the business performs to expectations and within budget. With an entrepreneurial mindset you will be responsible for the development of the business and its strategies, with a focus on financial and operational goals combined with excellent communication and sales skills.
This role is open to both UK and International candidates, but you will need to be based full-time in their Central London office. You will be part of a small team in the UK but also work with the international team based all over the world. The salary and package offered are highly competitive.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Provide effective leadership and oversight of business operations to ensure smooth running of all departments in compliance with the company direction and legal requirements
- Spearhead key projects that are vital in the initial growth of the business, constantly re-evaluating resource and budgets to follow strategies, playing a critical role in ensuring the business performs to expectations and within budget.
- Drive business development and expansion strategies to strengthen the company's market position in the luxury industry, utilising live contacts where necessary.
- Drive the team adherence to development and production timelines through solid understanding of PLM
- Responsible for launch the new products in timely and effective manner.
- Provide effective leadership and oversight of business operations to ensure smooth operation of all departments in compliance with the company direction and legal requirements.
- Guide and maintain the performance of the company
- Hire and train management staff to execute the business plan and maintain company's standards.
- Minimum of 10-15 years' MD or CEO experience in the luxury fashion industry is essential.
- Experience working in a start-up business and environment.
- Experience in financial management; P&L, Capex and Opex closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets; taking remedial action where necessary.
- Have a hands-on approach with a determined and ambitious attitude.
- A visionary and inspiring individual.
- Work well in a team, share your knowledge and experience, put it to work.
- Having an excellent reputation within the luxury industry and good relationships with the ability to utilise live contacts within the luxury fashion industry.
- Have strong awareness of luxury retail and e-tail market conditions.
- Ability to communicate at all levels positively, manage priorities and negotiate abilities within a lean and flexible team whilst still achieving company goals.