A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for my client who are launching a new loungewear division to support their existing client base They are a leading supplier of ladieswear to major high street retailers and supermarkets in the UK . They are now looking to recruit a commercial loungewear designer who is commercial and has a young trend design portfolio with a strong background in this area and good product development experience .Strong understanding of the UK market is essential.
This a fabulous opportunity for someone to come in to a highly successful business and grow and lead this division.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Develop ,design trends for key accounts and work closely with buyers
- Responsibility for overseeing samples through to production.
- Understanding key trends and having the 'eye' for fashion
- Fabric sourcing and development Mood,colour and trend direction presentation boards.
- Trend research, concept designs, line drawings technical packs
- Reporting in to a design director and working closely with the sales team
- Proven design track record in women's jersey loungewear
- Must be commercial in both design and development
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ambitious, determined and confident
- Ability to present to board level
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
- Design background form either a supplier or retailer
- Strong knowledge and understanding of UK retail market