We are delighted to be working with a multi-national market leading supplier who are looking for a Ladies Outerwear / Soft Wovens multi product Designer. This is a fantastic opportunity, you will need to have a few years' experience across these product categories and any kidswear experience is a bonus, but not a necessity.
They are looking for a creative, motivated and dedicated Designer to join their womenswear team working designing into brief's for a leading supermarket account. Opportunities at this company are endless, they constantly look to develop talent and nurture employees.
Main Job responsibilities include:
- Designing causal and formal outerwear, and soft separates for a market leading supermarket.
- Research, interpret and design the range considering the customers handwriting
- Be up to date and research the latest fashion trends, produce trend boards, create seasonal trend/directional reports, and presenting this back to buyers each season
- Good knowledge of fabrics and technical fabrics
- Spec drawings to a high standard
- Review and fit samples with Garment Technician
- Liaise with overseas factories on a daily basis
- Ability to create detailed design sheets and technical packs
- Passionate and creative about design
- Previous experience working within an outerwear/soft wovens role for a supplier
- Strong & clear communication skills
- Knowledge of photoshop and illustrator
- Proactive nature
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Ability to work closely with Buyers