This really lovely Knitwear supplier who manufacturers for several high street retailers is looking for a Knitwear Garment Technologist to join their team. True knit experience is essential. You will be part of a wonderful team and highly regarded business.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for heading the technical side of the knitwear department
- Responsible for client management from the 1st design to final production state through fit sessions and liaison with retailers' technical teams taking ownership of prevention and resolution of issues
- Attending fit sessions.
- Liaising with factories and communicating fit comments/amendments.
- Creating garment and size specifications/workbooks.
- Assessing fit samples with due diligence.
- Grading size charts.
- Completing Risk Assessments.
- Test Reports.
- Resolving technical and production issues with factories.
- Monitoring quality control.
- Updating information on customer portals.
- Working to critical paths.
- Responsible for managing the suppliers based in China and Bangladesh
- Responsible for carrying out spot checks / inspections in warehouse for all landed orders and resolving issues which can be rectified through local processers
- Work closely with the design team on proto types and new developments updating and recreating size charts and reviewing quality
- Risk assessments of styles/ yarns to prevent any unseen obstacles during production
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a similar role with a fashion supplier.
- Must have experience working with knitwear - flat knits
- Extensive garment technical skills and knowledge.
- Good skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Able to prioritise workload, and multi-task various functions.
- Ability to work within a small team