I am so delighted to be working with an established and growing supplier specialising in knitwear design, designing into briefs for UK's leading trend lead supermarkets/retailers e-tailers.
They are looking for a motivated, hardworking, and creative Designer to join their womenswear knitwear team. For this role, you will need around 5 years' experience across knitwear design working for either a supplier or retailer. You will be part of an established design team, contributing to the growth of the business.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing knitwear ranges based on briefs for a number of key clients
- Be up to date and research the latest fashion trends, produce trend boards, create seasonal trend/directional reports, and presenting this back to buyers
- Working with buyers to produce bestselling styles
- Ability to listen and translate ideas & concepts into commercial designs
- Liaise with overseas factories on a daily basis
- Ability to create detailed design sheets and technical packs
- Supporting the design team, being a key member of the team in creating commercial, fashion-led knitwear taking into account best and worst sellers
- Previous experience working in a knitwear design role
- Proficient in CAD and illustrator skills
- Be highly technical, able to design across all knitwear gauges
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment,& have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Must be a team player with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.