My client are an established fashion supplier of ladies and childrenswear supplying to high street fashion retilers in the Uk and overseas .
They are looknig for a designer to jonig their team, thisd role would be ideal for a junior deighner looking for thier first design level role or an existing designer looknig to furhter their career . To be considered for this role you must have commercial knitwear deisgn experince within ladieswear, knowledge of childrenswear is an advantage but not essential
You will need an eye for commercial product and flair for trends, looking to develop your career in a dynamic and fast-paced company.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and understanding the end consumer for the specific retailers and their needs for proper range building.
- Strong presentation of ranges to buyers and external design teams, mood boards and market research.
- Ability to co-ordinate the product development with Far-East and meeting the deadlines for samples in order to present the ranges to the customers in time for their selection and sign off meetings.
- Daily contact with sales and technical teams within the UK office.
- Develop and source new trims and fabrics
- Produce accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling relating to in house ranges as well as specific customer requirements.
- Carry out trend research and analysis, also create mood boards and colour trends.
- Attend prediction and trade fairs and retain a strong awareness of current product on the High Street.
- Guiding the customers/buyers on the market trends.
- At least 3 years' experience working as a knitwear designer with a strong commercial 'handwriting'.
- Professional personal presentation with excellent customer presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- On-trend, with great commercial forecasting ability.
- Experience of working with the Far East factories and suppliers.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction as well as the ability to produce accurate and detailed spec drawings.
- Strong CAD skills with a good knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop .
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines, working as part of a team and individually self-motivated.
- Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail.