A fantastic opportunity has arisen for my client who supplies seamless premium knitwear to retailers and brands solely based in the UK. They are growing their team and are looking for a Knitwear Designer to work closely with the Head of Design and customers to create commercial garments.
They want someone who is highly motivated and organised with great attention to detail. You will be good at multi-tasking with excellent attention required for technical specs / costings and subsequent yarn ordering for bulk production.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Updating information from emails to customer files and workbooks
- Creating new workbooks for ongoing styles
- Briefing technicians on new development work and communicating any changes
- Fitting new development, 2nd proto/ photo samples
- Trim and yarn ordering for sampling
- Meetings with customers
- Catch up internally with technicians on previous weeks development
- Yarn meetings at the beginning of season for NEW and updated yarn ranges.
- Updating yarn bible and keeping the swatch library up to date with newly sourced yarns, collating pricing / other relevant information
- Minimum 2 years relevant design experience.
- CAD skills Adobe illustrator essential to present new ideas/shapes
- Sound knowledge of yarns is advantageous.
- Strong communication and administration skills with excellent attention to detail
- Good commercial awareness.
- Team player with a positive attitude and hungry to grow.
- Good prioritisation and organisation skills.