We are working with an established successful ladieswear supplier to large fashion retailers in the UK who are currently seeking a Knitwear Designer on a freelance basis. They are looking for someone 2-3 days a week to start asap for the next few months. You will need a strong commercial knitwear portfolio with previous experience designing for a supplier to the high street.
For this role, you will be required to go into the office at least 1 day a week.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Carry out trend research and analysis, also create mood boards and colour trends.
- Work closely and liaise with factories in Bangladesh China and Sri Lanka.
- Ability to create bestselling ranges.
- Produce accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling relating to in house ranges as well as specific customer requirements.
- Attend meetings with buyers when required to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development.
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims.
- Design experience within ladies' knitwear.
- Previous supplier experience working with large volume retailers.
- Good understanding of garment costing.
- On-trend, with great commercial forecasting ability.
- Strong organisational and communication skills with good attention to detail.