Our Client has supplied fashion knitwear to the best UK and European Retailers for over 40 years. They have an exciting opportunity to join their creative Knitwear Design team based in South Leicestershire.
They operate from a unique, state of the art design and sampling facility (UK) using the latest Stoll knitting machines to produce daily original designs. They are looking for an experienced Knitwear Designer to design for their high street customers.
They offer flexible working 3 days in the office and 2 from home.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for all elements of design on your accounts, from initial research and prep for your customer meetings, through to yarn sourcing and design sample development
- Work closely with knitting technicians and makeup team in the UK sampling unit to develop your customer design samples in a commercial and timely manner
- Create detailed design specs to develop new product with overseas factories
- Carry out market research online and through UK & overseas inspirational shopping trips
- Ability to design and knit range samples based on latest catwalks & trends in a commercial way
- Present ranges to the customer and internally as required in a creative and informative manner.
- Source yarns for new season in line with trends and customer requirements
- Liaise with suppliers to source trims
- Attend yarn fairs and exhibitions and compile reports to feedback to the wider team and customer
- A highly motivated and creative individual.
- You will have at least 3+ years of commercial knitwear industry experience and be familiar with working with off shore factories.
- A high level communicator with internal teams, retail clients and off shore factories.
- Highly methodical and well organised, able to prioritise workload to meet set deadlines.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and problem solve.
- Great time management skills and ability to multi task.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- CAD literate (proficient in both photoshop and illustrator).
- You will have the ability to design in all gauges of knitwear with extensive yarn and garment construction knowledge.
- Able to travel within the U.K and internationally as required.
- Competitive salary.