A fabulous opportunity has become available to join an established thriving fashion business who supply to the UK and international high street.
With a presence of over 15 years in the UK they are looking for an experienced Knitwear Designer to cover ladieswear and kidswear across trend lead accounts.
You would be covering all types of knitwear product, this is a very important growth area for the company with a lot of potential. You will need an eye for commercial product and flair for trends, you will be very skilled and experienced with the desire to develop career in a dynamic and fast-paced company.
This role is based in North West London and is offering a competitive salary and flexible working.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and understanding the end consumer for the specific retailers and their needs for proper range building.
- Strong presentation of ranges to buyers and external design teams, mood boards and market research.
- Ability to co-ordinate the product development with Far-East and meeting the deadlines for samples in order to present the ranges to the customers in time for their selection and sign off meetings.
- Daily contact with sales and technical teams within the UK office.
- Develop and source new trims and fabrics
- Produce accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling relating to in house ranges as well as specific customer requirements.
- Carry out trend research and analysis, also create mood boards and colour trends.
- Attend prediction and trade fairs and retain a strong awareness of current product on the High Street.
- Guiding the customers/buyers on the market trends.
- Use of PLM system to share the packs with sourcing offices.
- At least 4 years' experience working as a knitwear designer with a strong commercial 'handwriting'.
- Professional personal presentation with excellent customer presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- On-trend, with great commercial forecasting ability.
- Experience of working with the Far East factories and suppliers.
- Sound knowledge of garment construction as well as the ability to produce accurate and detailed spec drawings.
- Strong CAD skills with a good knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop .
- Highly organised and capable of working to and managing deadlines, working as part of a team and individually self-motivated.
- Strong organisational skills and good attention to detail.