We have an incredible Knitwear Designer opportunity working for a renowned fashion knitwear supplier where you'd be working with a team of designers and knitting technicians to create innovative and commercial designs.
They are looking for someone with young trend led handwriting as you'd be working across super successful fashion retailer and e-tailer accounts.
You'd be working with the latest knitting technology and using an in house comprehensive yarn library. With an incredibly comprehensive client base and a state-of-the-art design and sampling facility in house you can showcase your latest designs in their showrooms.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- Identify the latest must-have seasonal trends across womenswear knitwear to help design commercial fashion forward knitwear
- Liaise with customers, attend client meetings and present trend/designs
- Good understanding of knitwear garment construction and technicalities
- Produce detailed tech packs and liaise with suppliers & factories confidently
- Identify and update bestsellers to drive repeat business
- Manage sampling and development of critical path
- Travel to shows and on inspirational trips
- Minimum 3- 4 years commercial knitwear design experience
- Excellent CAD and Illustrator skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment & have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Knowledge of some Jersey design beneficial, not essential
- Must be a team player with a willingness to learn
- Some account management experience highly beneficial
- Able to work in Leicester