A fabulous opportunity has arisen for a Senior Knitwear Designer to join an established trend-driven supplier delivering to the young adult market. They are looking for someone with flair and a passion for women's knitwear to join their existing team. This is an excellent opportunity to work on some exciting accounts such to high fashion retailers in the Uk and Europe They are looking for a true Knitwear designer with a solid technical understanding with experience working for a supplier able to work on a number of varied accounts and confident at holding meetings with Buyers
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends
- Producing trend boards, catwalks, and sketches
- Designing and developing knitwear for a number of high profile high street retailers
- Designing seasonal ranges and confidently presenting new samples to customers and management.
- Supporting and Working with the Knitwear Design team on multiple accounts to design commercial, fashion-led knitwear
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs
- Liaise with our overseas factories and to produce detailed design sheets for sampling
- Attend customer meetings and work to set briefs.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path
- Presenting to Buyers
- Training and mentoring a Junior Designer
- Previous experience working for a supplier within knitwear
- Have the ability to manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced role and prioritising customer demands efficiently.
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends
- Excellent CAD and illustrator skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment & have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Highly technical
- Must be a team player with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.