A fabulous opportunity has arisen for a Knitwear Designer / Senior Knitwear Designer to join this established trend-driven supplier to a variety of high street retailers.
They are looking for someone with flair and a passion for knitwear to join their existing team. You'll need a solid technical understanding and previous experience across yarns, knitwear shape and construction.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to contribute their experience and knowledge to be part of an established team. This role offers hybrid working and a competitive salary.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing knitwear for a number of high-profile high-street and supermarket retailers.
- Supporting and working with the Knitwear Design team on multiple accounts to design commercial, fashion-led knitwear.
- Research fashion trends, producing trend boards, catwalks, and sketches.
- Ability to translate initial ideas & concepts into commercial designs.
- Liaise with our overseas factories and to produce detailed design sheets for sampling.
- Attend customer meetings and work to set briefs.
- Manage Sampling and Development of Critical Path.
- Weekly reports looking at the latest trends.
- Presenting to Buyers.
- Travel to shows and on inspirational trips.
- Previous experience working within knitwear.
- Must have a strong commercial eye, and an ability to interpret trends.
- Excellent CAD and illustrator skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and have a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisation skills, and able to work to deadlines
- Highly technical.
- Must be a team player with a willingness to take direction and eager to learn.