A new opportunity has arisen for a Knitwear Design Manager to work for this highly successful supplier of Ladies Knitwear to major UK fashion retailers. This is a maternity cover contract .They are looking for a Design Manager who will oversee their current Knitwear team You will work closely with the Key Account Managers and report to the MD. You will have involvement with all meeting and developing ranges to meet clients' specific brief.
A strong commercial knitwear design background from either a supplier or retail background is required.
Main Duties and responsibilities will include
- Complete trend research, design, and develop ranges working with the overseas factories
- Ability to create bestselling ranges and be hands-on with trends and giving direction and guidance to your team
- Responsible for overseeing and mentoring a team of designers, as well as being hands-on with design.
- Attend regular meetings with buyers
- Required to work in a fast-paced environment, high volume design/development
- Sourcing of new fabrics and trims
?Person Specifications :
- Strong understanding of previous design experience of Knitwear essential
- Previous supplier or retail experience
- Good understanding of garment costing
- Management of a small team
- Excellent communication at all levels along with, time management and organisational skills
- Ability to present and work alongside key management in the business