I am recruiting for a one-of-a-kind knitwear supplier who specialise in fine gauge knitwear and supply to UK retailers and e-tailers.
With over 50 years experience supplying fashion knitwear they are recruiting for a Knitting Machine Mechanic to be part of an established technical team. They are open to doing lots of training on the job to get you fully established in your role.
You'll be working with Shima 12gg knitting machines which produce seamless comfortable garments. This is a fantastic opportunity for applicants with a technical or mechanical background to enter the highly competitive fashion industry, working with the very latest advanced knitting machinery.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Manufacturing, monitoring and inspecting output from the Shima machines to ensure it complies to high quality 12gg knitwear samples.
- Oversee and maintain any repairs to our advanced knitting machinery.
- Ensure the knitting room is kept clean and the machines are regularly serviced.
- Thorough communication with other departments in the event of machine breakdowns and issues.
- Experience working as a machine mechanic or maintenance mechanic in the manufacturing sector.
- Experience working in the textiles industry.
- A positive attitude to problem solving and a technical mindset.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a challenging and fast moving environment.
- Problem solving mindset and keen eye for detail.